331 Van Ness Avenue
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Experienced IT Director with a passion for leveraging Information Technology to bring competitive advantage.
Proven track record of making the most of finite resources, while leading high performing teams to provide superior support of business needs.
10/11-present Sr. Applications Manager, Kelly-Moore Paints, Inc., San Carlos, CA
* Leading the IT team supporting the business applications in use at Kelly-Moore Paints.
* This includes Tomax Retail.Net Point of Sale (POS) systems in our retail outlets, Salesforce.com for our Sales team, Xactly for Sales Comp, Oracle R12 EBS supporting Finance, and Oracle Warehouse Management (WMS), Process Manufacturing (OPM), and Logility Supply Chain Planning supporting manufacturing. We support business to business integration (B2B/EDI) with our 3PL Logistics Partner, Empower for HRMS and Payroll, SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) for online employee training, ServiceNow for ITIL and ITSM, Dell Boomi for Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), PivotLink for Business Intelligence (BI), and MangoApps for collaboration.
* We balance a mix of both on-premise and cloud-based SaaS applications, cultivate strategic relationships with application and managed service providers, and we follow best practices for Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance and IT governance and security.
11/89-3/11 Silicon Graphics, Inc., Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Fremont, CA
12/09-3/11 IT Director, Application Development, Technical Operations & Compliance
* Led a team of Developers, Database Administrators (DBA’s) and Operations Analysts responsible for the implementation, support and enhancement of the IT infrastructure and application portfolio of a $600M high tech manufacturing company.
* Applications included Oracle eBusiness Suite (aka Oracle ERP), Amdocs Clarify CRM, Business Intelligence (BI) data warehouses, TeamCenter Product Lifecycle Management (PDM/PLM), TradeSphere Export Compliance, LiveLink Document Management, Archibus Facilities Management, B2B Trading Exchanges, EDI, Informatica ETL, and Oracle, Sybase, MySQL & SQL Server databases. Applications supported also included Software as a Service (SaaS) / Cloud solutions such as Oracle CRM OnDemand, Baxter Prophet Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP), and Concur expense management.
* Managed relationships with 3rd party IT partners for support, development and data base administration, leveraging both onshore and offshore resources to reduce cost and optimize finite resources, and provide a “follow the sun” support model.
* Managed the IT Project Portfolio, leading the prioritization and resource allocation for IT projects.
* Led Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 compliance for Applications IT, since the beginnings of SOX in 2003. Developed narratives and controls and designed and implemented periodic review procedures. Successfully passed all internal and external audits.
11/07-12/09 IT Director, Back Office Applications
* Led a team of Business Analysts, Developers, DBA’s and Operations Analysts supporting Manufacturing, Engineering, Finance, Customer Service, Legal, Export Compliance, HR, IT, and Facilities.
* Moved the corporate data center from Silicon Valley to the Midwest in four months, reducing the footprint and energy consumption by consolidating on to VMware, replacing aging hardware, and streamlining infrastructure, with minimal business disruption. This move saved the company 100k per month. Upgraded Oracle ERP to 11.5.10, upgraded Clarify DB, Gentran EDI, and LiveLink.
* Represented IT in negotiations with potential merger & acquisition partners.
* Led the “back office” team to successfully merge the ERP and CRM applications of Rackable Systems and SGI in six months.
9/05-11/07 Sr. IT Manager, Back Office Applications
* Led a team of Business Analysts, Developers, DBA’s and Operations Analysts supporting the IT applications for Manufacturing, Engineering, Finance, Customer Service, Legal, Export Compliance, HR, IT, and Facilities.
* Achieved significant cost reduction and streamlining of the application portfolio & staff, while supporting business operations without interruption.
7/03-9/05 Sr. IT Manager, Customer Service & Manufacturing
* Managed a team of 23, consisting of IT managers, business analysts, and developers responsible for the implementation, support, and enhancement of the IT infrastructure for Manufacturing and Customer Service, including Oracle ERP and Clarify CRM. Partnered with business leaders to set vision and direction for the application portfolio road map; prioritized and allocated IT resources to meet the needs of the business.
* Implemented process improvement in software distribution, reducing cost and inventory levels.
* Implemented Oracle’s Warehouse Management System (WMS) and Mobile Supply Chain Applications, reducing inventory levels, warehouse space and staffing.
11/02-7/03 Sr. IT Manager, Sales & Marketing, G&A, & eCommerce
* Led an organization of 40 professionals, consisting of IT managers, business analysts, developers and contractors supporting Finance, HR, Facilities, Legal, Export Compliance, Sales, Marketing, and Electronic Commerce.
* Led worldwide roll-out of Equinox - a Sales Tool integrating Siebel and Trilogy Quote Configurator, providing correctly configured and priced quotes of complex supercomputer, storage and service offerings, and worldwide visibility of the sales funnel. Successfully managed through initial performance and adoption issues.
* Successfully evangelized benefits of eSourcing (electronic reverse auctions). Led team through pilot program that realized over $1.5M savings.
1997-2002 IT Manager, Supply Chain Execution, Worldwide Manufacturing Operations (WMO)
* Managed a geographically diverse team supporting global manufacturing operations, with both in- house and outsourced manufacturing in multiple locations.
* Led the Manufacturing Supply Chain thread to implement Oracle 11i and replace 26 international ERP systems with a single global instance. Implemented i2’s Demand Planner and Factory Planner, allowing for reduced inventory levels and improved on-time order fulfillment.
* Represented IT in the selection of manufacturing partners. Implemented B2B EDI infrastructure for outsourced manufacturing operations and drop-ship order fulfillment.
* Served as the IT representative on the Product Review Board (PRB) -- responsible for guiding SGI’s new product development (NPI).
* Architected and implemented a Program Management Office (PMO) process for manufacturing IT, to guide IT project prioritization and systems development life cycle (SDLC); success led to company wide adoption.
1989-1997 Business Analyst, Project Manager, Developer, Manufacturing I/S, Corporate Finance I/S
* Implemented electronic material requisitions, Fixed Assets Inventory tracking, and Financial Planning & Reporting systems. IT lead for the Finance Team implementing Oracle ERP.
M.S. Systems & Information Science (Computer Science), Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
B.A. Psychology, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY